Welcome to Chilliwack Middle School Home of the Chargers!
We are very much looking forward to seeing some familiar faces on Monday, June 1st! We have missed all of our students, the school has not felt the same without their smiles, laughter and presence. Our teachers have been in contact with each family about the reopening of Chilliwack Middle and students attending on a voluntary basis. We will have 90 minutes designated for tutorial sessions every day for each grade level:
Grade 6: 9:00am to 10:30am
Grade 7: 11:00am to 12:30pm
Grade 8: 1:00pm to 2:30pm
All students who elect to attend the optional tutorial sessions will be scheduled, at this time we will not be able to accommodate unscheduled drop-ins.
As we are all still concerned about the overall health and safety of our staff and students, it is
extremely important that all students follow the protocols as they are listed below:
What to bring: These items will remain with students at all times and will return home with students at the end of the tutorial session as lockers are unavailable for use.
• School supplies
• Filled Water bottle
Arrival at CMS
• The side gym entrance is the designated entrance for the tutorial sessions.
• Only students will be able to enter the building.
• An EA will sign students in and ask a few health related questions. We ask that any students who are unwell or have cold/flu symptoms not attend these sessions until their symptoms subside.
• The EA will review with students entering the building the following protocols:
o Coughing & Sneezing Etiquette
o Maintaining Social Distance – 2 meters apart
o Hand Hygiene Procedures
• Once students are signed in they will wash and dry their hands.
• Division teachers will meet their students in the gym after check and will lead students to their classrooms.
• There will be up to 10 students in a classroom for support sessions to allow for physical distancing.
• Students must maintain physical distance throughout the session.
• Students will receive support in areas that they identify or that teachers have identified.
• Students will be required to remain in their designated classroom for the duration of the tutorial session.
End of Tutorial Session
• Students will collect their personal belongings.
• Wash or sanitize their hands.
• Parents will arrive to pick up their student at the designated tutorial end time. If parents are unable to pick their student up, then please note that at the end of their session students will be released from CMS under the advisement that they go home directly.
• Students will not be permitted to “hang out” either inside or outside the building after their tutorial session.
All students will continue to receive online learning as their main source of instruction and a small number of students (children of essential service workers will have the opportunity to attend school full time as needed.
Please contact the office if you have any questions.
We have various other letters regarding the safe return to school, other important information required below at our News area as well in our Announcements. You will also always receive the most up to date information we have via email from Mrs. Gosal, our newsletter that is sent out weekly as well as here on our webpage.
46354 Yale Rd. Chilliwack, BC, Canada V2P 2R1|Tel: 604.795.5781 |Fax: 604.795.4312