2019 Production: "Fairytales Defanged"
This year, CMS will be putting on the original, one act play, "Fairytales Defanged."
Description: "When a representative from the Board of Positively Overprotective Overbearing Parents visits a book of collected fairytales, the narrator must adjust the stories to meet the board's strict standards or else their book will be banned."
Included tales: Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, Hansel and Gretel, Puss in Boots, The Little Mermaid, The Golden Goose, Cinderella, The Gingerbread Man, Peter Pan, Snow White
Rehearsals will be every Thursday from 2:45pm-4pm. Unless otherwise noted, students only need to attend if they are in the scenes being rehearsed that day. Non-speaking ensemble must also attend when their scenes are being rehearsed.
- Feb 7: Read through (entire cast)
- Feb 14: Run through first half: Sleeping Beauty to Feline in Boots
- Feb 21: Run through second half: The Little Mermaid to Cinnamon Brown
- Feb 28: Sleeping Beauty, Sally and the Beast, Hansel and Gretel, Cinderella
- Mar 7: Feline in Boots, The Little Mermaid
- Mar 14: The Golden Goose, The Gingerbread Person, Peter Pan
- Apr 4: Cinnamon Brown
- Apr 11: Sleeping Beauty, Sally and the Beast, Hansel and Gretel, Cinderella
- Apr 18: Feline in Boots, The Little Mermaid
- Apr 25: The Golden Goose, The Gingerbread Person, Peter Pan
- May 2: Cinnamon Brown
- May 9: Sleeping Beauty, Sally and the Beast, Hansel and Gretel, Cinderella, Feline in Boots
- May 16: The Little Mermaid, The Golden Goose, The Gingerbread Person, Peter Pan
- May 23: Cinnamon Brown
Tech week is done the week of the show and includes tech run, dress rehearsal, and the performances. ALL cast and crew MUST BE IN ATTENDANCE FOR ALL OF TECH WEEK (with the exception of Front of House who only need to be at the dress rehearsal and performances).
- Mon, May 27: Tech introduction: light, sound, and show calling stage manager ONLY 2:45-4pm
- Tues, May 28: Tech run #1: ALL CAST AND CREW (except Front of House) 3-5pm
- Wed, May 29: Tech run #2: ALL CAST AND CREW (except Front of House) 3-5pm
- Thurs, May 30: Full dress rehearsal 3pm-4:30pm **ESTIMATE (will depend on show running time)
- FRI, MAY 31: OPENING PERFORMANCE Cast/crew call: 5:30pm. Showtime: 6:30pm
- SAT, JUN 1: CLOSING PERFORMANCE Cast/crew call: 12pm. Showtime: 1pm
NOTE: Tech runs are often very long and boring days for the cast, but are vital for the crew as it is their only rehearsal. Please bring something to quietly entertain yourself and show the crew your utmost respect; these days are so important for a smooth show.
STRIKE: All students are to stay after the show on Sat, June 1st to help strike the show. This includes cleaning up the green room, drama room, multipurpose room, and having all costumes, props, and sets returned to storage. Parents/guardians are welcome to help. The more helpers, the faster it goes!
As a reminder to all cast and crew, students need to be with the production AT ALL TIMES during rehearsals. They are not to be wandering the school. Students should bring all their stuff down with them to the drama room/multipurpose room so they can leave at the end of the rehearsal. This is to ensure students have proper, adult supervision and are not in the way of our fantastic janitorial staff.
Students need to listen to instructions from Ms. Ruffell, and our student directors and stage managers. Students who are not on stage should be silent backstage and not disrupting rehearsals. We are working on a very tight schedule which requires everyone to be on their best behaviour at all times.
IF YOU MISS A REHEARSAL FOR ANY REASON EITHER THAN ILLNESS, OR PRE-PLANNED VACATIONS (THAT WILL ONLY MISS ONE), YOUR PART MAY BE GIVEN AWAY. Email Ms. Ruffell at email@example.com if you will miss a rehearsal. Please email BEFORE the end of the school day. It is YOUR job to be aware of the schedule.